Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Little Luxuries

I was dreaming out loud about a particular appliance that I would purchase if I lived a more extravagant lifestyle, and my mother decided she would buy it for me for my birthday.

So on Saturday, after church, we went down to CVS and spent $20 on a coffee pot that will turn itself on before I get out of bed.

I felt a little guilty because I already have a perfectly good coffee pot, but I can bring the old one to my parents' and shove it under the counter so that I don't have to buy Dunkin' every time I visit. Normally I put the coffee on and get in the shower, but my apartment is so cold that I can't get in the shower until the heat has been on for at least 10 minutes, so this will give me something to drink while waiting for the place to warm up.

What can I say? I'm easy to please.

I should also add that my darling cousin sent me socks to replace the ones stolen in the burglary. My birthday gifts tend to be cold-weather themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment