Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The problem with liking everything

I have always been described as curious (in an intellectually curious way, not a peculiar-curious way - I hope). For as long as I can remember I have wanted to know more about whatever I was looking into, and that's part of the reason I am still poking around in academia despite of having done my time (and then some!). I have this problem that any time I start to learn about something new I decide I want to change majors/careers and focus on that. In the past five years have called my parents to announce I want to be an ecclesiologist (is that a thing?), a canon lawyer, a press secretary, you name it. Anything I have dabbled in has become my newest passion.

Today we heard speakers on immigration, so today I want to be an immigration lawyer.

Does all this make me a dilettante?

No comments:

Post a Comment