Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anniversaries and more bus madness

I have very particular ideas of the best ways to commemorate things like 9/11. Like most particular aims, they fail to be met by the vast majority. All I will say is that the memory that sticks out the most is of an Arab Muslim friend who told me her mother suggested that she not leave her apartment because it wouldn't be safe.

Yesterday I taught 5 in a row, had 2 meetings, and had 2 rehearsals, and by 10 pm I was still able to speak and sing comfortably. Maybe I have turned a corner. Thank heavens.

The movie that is being filmed across the street is called "Edge of Darkness" with Mel Gibson, DeNiro (who reportedly backed out recently) and Cameron Diaz (who a bus driver described as 'very laid back', having seen her on the route). That same driver went on to tell me how "none of these Boston movies has told the real story" and to describe what growing up in Southie was like under Whitey. He then took issue with The Departed; his major criticism seemed to be that the movie depicted them using the telephone.

No comments:

Post a Comment