Saturday, March 21, 2009

Early Morning Finery

I don't mind auditioning in the morning. In fact, I rather prefer it: my coping mechanism for audition-based nervousness has always been to view them as something to "get over with", and singing in the morning allows me to get it over with earlier in the day. In grad school I had lessons at 9:30 in the morning; since I'm naturally a morning person singing before noon is not something that bothers me the same way it irks some of my colleagues.

But getting all tricked out for auditions at 8 am just seems...inhuman. The pounds of hairspray, coats of mascara, wicked-high heels, are certainly not meant for this time of day. I'm sure my neighbors see me leaving the house like this all the time. I don't even want to imagine what it is they think I do for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment