Monday, June 23, 2008

Come si dice 'my friends told me to come home with an Italian guy and I pick you'?

Yesterday we went to Venice. It was my second time visiting, and I don't think I would go out of my way to go again. We saw St. Mark's, the Rialto, and wandered the shops in the blazing heat for a while. When we became quite hot we went into a bar to get out of the sun, and had a young cameriere who giggled every time he came over. He tried about 5 times to teach me the word for 'straw', and finally wrote it down for me on an order ticket which I will surely keep forever. If I had to pick on uomo to take home with me, it would have to be that little gigglepuss.

The heat is starting to pick up, after a week or so of milder weather. So far it has continued to get cooler in the evenings, so the apartment is cooler by morning...just in time to warm up again. I don't know if it was the heat or yesterday's trip, but I was tired today and feel like I didn't apply any of the diction pieces I learned last week. Hopefully by the end of the five weeks some of it will have stuck.

Today in Italian class we talked about taxes and schools...two of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment