Thursday, June 19, 2008

I am under strict orders to share my cheese experiences since I have been abroad (no, I am not referring to my brother's high school nickname). I have to admit I have not been terribly adventurous yet in that regard. I have a soft spreadable cheese in the fridge that has gone on toast and in my eggs, and have gone through more than my share of fresh buffalo mozzeralla. Today I bought a nice gorgonzola as well. Since I'm trying to live within my means this summer I haven't spent too much on artisan food. Hopefully soon I will summon the nerve to indulge in some good cheese (and wine! - why not?) sometime soon. Fancy formaggio is clearly the reason God created credit cards.

Bohéme rehearsals are taking up quite a lot of my time. Yesterday the conductor announced that he was educated by Jesuits for 8 years. Upon further inquiry I discovered that he attended the same school that my brother now attends! I have cried in rehearsal approximately 8 times, because he keeps stopping to tell poignant stories.

Today in class we heard a long discourse on the Papal States, and my guess is that I was the only person in the room who had a clue what she was saying - and not because of the language barrier. But now I know how to say it: Stati Pontificiali - and I know that Novafeltria was part of them.

I sing in a concert tonight that begins at 9:30. I tried to explain to them that I don't begin things after 9 pm - I don't mind going past 9, but I don't like to begin any new activity after that time. They weren't terribly impressed.

3 comments:

  1. Two references to me, nice. Last thing we need is you knowing more about the papal states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. find some Piave! or Tallegio, Ubriaco or maybe fontina. go and be cheesy!

    ReplyDelete